Sinus Medications for Pregnant Women
When pregnant, it is often common for women to see nasal congestion as a result of swelling of the mucous membranes in the sinuses. This may be caused by the same hormones causing congestion in the vaginal walls. Nasal congestions can be manifested by means of symptoms such as persistent the common cold and sniffles. This increases the risk for pregnant women in order to deal sinusitis.
- Early signs of sinusitis include headaches, facial pain especially around the nose areas, nasal discharge, and increasing tiredness.
- Consider having to deal with these kinds of symptoms while pregnant.
- The worst thing is that you can not take sinus medicine as freely as before because it can affect the baby as well.
- So, the big question is - how should you handle sinusitis when pregnant?
Dos and Don'ts on Taking Sinus Medication Whenever Pregnant
Extra care should be seen when using any medicine while pregnant. This is because many drug medications can have serious side effects on both the mother and baby. Here are some simple rules on taking sinus medication during pregnancy:
- Do not sacrifice your quality of life for the sake of the child.
- Additionally it is not good for the baby if the mother is ill.
- Speak to your doctor at the earliest onset of sinusitis.
Sinuvil - All-Natural Relief for Sinus InfectionSinuvil Sinus Relief Package contains all-natural supplement and calming homeopathic drops, formulated to help target the source of sinus pain. Sinuvil's active ingredients have been used safely for hundreds of years to support healthy sinus cavity, help reducing inflammation and support respiratory health. Decreasing swelling and supporting healing has been proven to alleviate the symptoms related to sinus infection.
More Details about This Product »
During consultation, inform your doctor about the pregnancy and ask about possible effects of any sinus medication. Also, make sure to tell your doctor if you are taking some other medications as mixture of different drugs can be dangerous for both mother and infant.
Fast Relief Self-Healing Point for Sinus Congestion, Stuffy Nose, Headaches - Dr Mandell
This acupressure point is a very effective point to help the body stimulate the natural healing process. It is most effective for sinus congestion, stuffy nose, and ...
- When prescribed with virtually any sinus medication, take the exact dosage on time and as prescribed.
- Avoid taking lower/higher levels of medicine without having your own doctor's consent.
- Never self-medicate.
- Even simple over-the-counter drugs can have serious side effects on the baby.
- You see any side effects after getting prescribed medicines, statement in order to your doctor right away.
- Also, monitor your condition and speak to your doctor if you're still not feeling well after a few days.
- Ask your doctor about herbal treatments that can help control the infection.
- There are many herbs that are known to, not only fight sinusitis, but boost the immune system as well.
Safe Ways of Eliminating Sinusitis
You are wary of taking any nose medication for fear of endangering the health of the infant, ask your doctor about possible home remedies to get rid of sinusitis. Research has revealed that home remedies are helpful in controlling the signs, without the side effects. Stream treatments are recommended to be able to release the mucus and relieve congestion. It can also soothe the mucous walls in the sinuses. Many experts also recommend nasal cleaning to deal with sinusitis. Nasal cleaning gets rid of unwanted particles trapped inside the sinuses. It assists to loosen the mucus and promote proper drainage.
Is Also Important to Adopt Preventive Measures to Avoid Getting Unwell While Pregnant
Avoid exposure to things that trigger allergies and pollutants such as cigarette smoke, smog, pollens, and animal dander. Drink plenty of fluids such as water, juices, and tea. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables for the stronger immune system.