Sinus Headache or Migraine? What are the Differences?
There is a difference between sinus headaches and migraines which are generally mistaken. A recurring headaches that is blamed on sinusitis is often really as a result of migraine soreness. In the event that this is the case then the taking medicine frequently could make this even worse because more than medication can irritate the migraine in the mistaken belief it is treating a sinus an infection.
Those suffering from a sinus headache won't experience sensitivity to light as well as sound that may affect those experiencing a migraine. There is also no nausea experienced during a sinus headache but that may be the case for some migraine patients. Sinus headaches often occur during or even after a cold and include side-effects such as post nasal drip. It is important to be aware any recent health problems experienced when differentiating between a sinus headache and a migraine headache.
- Sinus headaches are actually less common than the majority of assume although they are frequently diagnosed incorrectly.
- An average nose treatment is nasal spray and anti-inflammatory medicine which will have no effect on migraine sufferers.
- In the event that a patient does not respond to that treatment it is a good sign they are in fact suffering from migraines.
Is essential to diagnose what type of headache is affecting the individual because the wrong diagnosis can mean medical treatment which is at best pointless and at worst can exacerbate the signs and symptoms making the situation worse. There's popular confusion above this topic so try and answer the following three questions:
- Does the patient have a heightened sensitivity to light and sounds through the headache? 2.
- Does the patient at any time feel nauseous throughout the headache attack? 3.
- Have the headaches been occurring for a period of three months or more with irregular severity?
The answer to any two of the questions is 'yes' then it is likely that the patient is suffering from a migraine headaches rather than a sinus headache and should be taken care of accordingly.
Cure Your Sinus Mucus & Chronic Cough
Save on Xlear products by using this link: http://www.iherb.com/pr/Xlear-Sinus-Care-Rinse-with-Xylitol-3-Piece-Set/69409?rcode=WEB707 - This works too: ...